Home
New Visitor
Accepted Solution

Healing does produces bad geometry => api_facet_entity(ent, &FacetOptions) does not work any longer

Hello,

I noticed, that healing does produces some bad geometry (Some surfaces looks very strange) since R24 (or mybe R23SPX).

The same file works very well without healing. I got several of such files where Healing makes it more worse (they are from different formats too).

In addition the ACIS faceter craches completlywhen faceting such surfaces. Once such a bad geometrie is faceted, any following geometie will no longer faceted by api_facet_entity(ent, &FacetOptions); it always produced failures (even if the next geometry is perfect).

Does anyone noticed the same or similar issues?

Does anyone has an idea how to prevent the faceter to completly give up any further work (try- catch will not help)?

Kind regards

User69

Regular Contributor

Re: Healing does produces bad geometry => api_facet_entity(ent, &FacetOptions) does not work

Can you give us an example here?

New Visitor

Re: Healing does produces bad geometry => api_facet_entity(ent, &FacetOptions) does not work

What in detail do you mean with example?
I have more than 10 of such files with different formats CatiaV5, stp, xt. But all are confidential. I put some into the support center, but the healing issue was treated as minor but without priority and the faceting issue was shifted to the acis team, also without priority (at all this never helps, as the issue is only reproducable with interop and healing).

As I have so many problem files, I was hoping to find some people with similar issues an maybe some hints to overcome that.

Kind regards