Home
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

api_offset_faces is changed in ACIS 2017 ?

Hello,

This is just to make sure my understanding is correct.

Before ACIS 2017, I used api_offset_faces which takes array of faces, and after calling api_offset_faces I was able to reuse the same faces which were passed into the api. Since I did not have any issues with this approach, I believe the faces' pointers were still valid (which looks strange to me now).

After checking with ACIS 2017 I had a lot of regression failures (crashes) since after api_offset_faces the faces were changed (meaining different number of faces/different pointers) which seems reasonable.

So I have 3 questions:

1. Is it correct that api_offset_faces was changed in ACIS 2017?

2. Is there any documentation I can check to see what was changed with respect to #1 ?

3. Is it correct that the api_offset_faces' input and output faces belong to the same body? Otherwise it's not possible to collect output faces.

Thank you!

yt

Spatial Employee

Re: api_offset_faces is changed in ACIS 2017 ?

Hi yt

I checked with Sanjeev, the manager of the ACIS team.  There were not any major projects for offset faces in R2017.  It can be unpredictable when an api will change the face pointers though.

I do think that the answer to 3 is yes.  The input and output faces are in the same body.

Eric

Regular Contributor

Re: api_offset_faces is changed in ACIS 2017 ?

Thanks Eric!

I just noticed that tessellation of the offset face is slightly different with ACIS 2017. So it definitely looks like something was changed.

Anyway, #3 above is enough to get the proper resulting faces.

Regards,

yt