04-20-2016 12:16 PM
I have a problem trying to to create Skin between 2 closed wires. Looks like the corresponding starting points are found "randomly", depending on the order of edges which were used to create the wires.
The workflow is the following:
1. I have 2 circular faces and collect their edges;
2. Create wires by api_make_ewires;
3. Skin the wires.
Depending on the order of input edges in #2, I get a cylinder or hyperboloid of revolution. Sometimes skin returns SKIN_BAD_UV_SKIN_DIR, perhaps because the hyperboloid is too twisted.
My questions are:
1. Is it a known problem, or maybe correct behavior?
2. Is it true that this can happen only for closed profiles?
3. Is guide curves a proper way to deal with the issue? (I.e. I can define a desirable starting point correspondence using a guide curve)
04-20-2016 01:09 PM
There is functionality implemented in ACIS to choose the correspondence between the profiles to minimize twist. Please see the following documentation pages.