Home
Contributor

How to get the top view from changing camera?

Hi

I use Set_Camera_Target,Set_Camera_Position,Set_Camera_Up_Vector to change a camera. Now, I want to set the top view of the current view, but the origin point does not change, anyone has suggestions?
I try to change the camera,but the origin point is changed too. I want to know why? And how to set the camera?

Thanks in advance.

Tina

111.JPG
Spatial Employee

Re: How to get the top view from changing camera?

Those are the correct HOOPS commands to use.  However, I don't see a "refresh" command.
With a "refresh" command, you can set a seriesr of viewing parameters and not be continually updating the view, until you call "refresh".

Spatial provides source code for the Scheme toolkit application.  You may want to check out:

SPAScmExtHoops\ha_scm.m\src\view_ha.cpp
        void  HoopsView::refresh(logical update_sils)
        void HoopsView::flush()
        int UpdateAllViews()
    SPAScmExtHoops\ProtectedInterfaces\view_ha.hxx
        void HoopsView::set_eye(const SPAposition& p)

Looking at this code, you will see calls to HC_Set_Camera_Position, HC_Control_Update_By_Key(), HC_Update_Display(), HC_Update_One_Display, and HC_Flush_Contents.

I hope the Scheme example code helps.

Spatial Employee

I meant to include HC_Set_Camera_Target in that list also.  Be sure to use modeling coordinates, and not screen coordinates (pixels). 

Contributor

Thank you very much.

By the way, how to get the modeling coordinates?

I use HC_Show_Net_Camera_Target,HC_Show_Net_Camera_Position,HC_Show_Net_Camera_Up_Vector to get the point,this point is modeling coordinates or screen coordinates?

I'll appreciate your help.

Tina

Spatial Employee

These are 3D modeling coordinates.

To convert between the 2D screen coordinates and 3D modeleing coordinates, use Compute_Coordinates(...). 

For examples, see HOOPS documentation on the 2D Tutorial: Soccer. 

Or look thru SPAScmExtHoops\ha_scm.m\src\view_ha.cpp, especially HoopsView::drawable_to_world(...).

Contributor

Thank you very much.

Tina